DriveThruRPG.com

Friday, March 8, 2019

Antares: Strike on K'Ara Nine... The Algoryn Forces

Having looked at the first faction from the Strike on K'Ara Nine starter, its time to turn to their opposition, the forces of the Algoryn Protectorate.


While the Algoryn troops are typically painted in red armor, I decided that I wanted to go for a different look for my troops.  For their backstory, they are based on the world of Yadrolla, a planet where the landmasses are dominated by dense marshes and rainforests.  Green with red and yellow marking just seemed like the perfect fit for this and I like how they came out.  I might add some more accents to differentiate the squads at a glance but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle that.

This force only weighs in at 391 points since unlike the C3 sprues the Algoryn sprues don't include any support options.  Even so it should be fairly easy to bump them up to a comparable force.  I'd already picked up some minis but support units are what I really need for them.  Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the pieces that I ordered over a month ago just to get shipped so my Algoryn are going to be put on hold for a bit.  I'd actually even contact the online store I'd purchased them from and told them to just cancel the order but they responded that there had been a delay with their supplier and the seller had received them and was going to ship them out.  That was two days ago and it still hasn't shipped according to their website.  This isn't the first time that I've had trouble with this particular seller but this time is definitely the worst experience so far.  The store is NWS Wargaming and they sell Warlord products at a hefty discount which is great but at this point I can order things directly from Warlord in England and receive them in less time than it takes for this store to ship from Florida.  It's just getting ridiculous but enough of that little rant.

In the interim I'm trying to decide whether to focus on my Ghar army or I'm thinking I might dive into something completely different.  I recently started looking at my Wrath of Kings minis again and I want to get more of them assembled so I can actually try the game out.  Definitely seems like it would be a good distraction while I wait for the rest of my troops to arrive.

No comments: