DriveThruRPG.com

Friday, March 22, 2019

Wrath of Kings: Goritsi Patrol Force

In my last post I talked about my Teknes patrol force so now its time to meet their opponents, House Goritsi.  Unlike the Teknes figures, I didn't start out my Goritsi collection with a starter box.  When I purchased the first of these figures I was looking for something that I could easily mod into Shrekwulfen for Konflikt 47.  Since the Skorza werewolves were made of plastic I thought they'd be perfect for the job... except they are a might bit too big.  Instead I wound up deciding to use them for the game they were actually made for.  Crazy idea, right?

For this patrol force, I'm using three Skorza skirmishers and six Ravenscar mercenaries led by a Skorza alpha and a Ravenscar sergeant and supported by a shield breaker and a scrouge hound.  Makes sense, right?  No?  I should probably explain...

The Skorza skirmishers are the werewolves of the Goritsi, larger brutes that look like they would be walking tanks but that is not the case.  While they are more durable than average troops their abilities and attacks really capture the essence of a wolf; moving quickly to strike and move away before their opponents can respond.  The skirmishers are led by an alpha, a larger and more dangerous version of the regular skirmishers who can make the other even more maneuverable.

The Ravenscar mercenaries are normal humans who work with the werewolves and vampires of Goritsi but their specialty is to move enemies around the board as they engage them.  I can see them being able to quickly surround and take down a target by themselves or moving it in front of some nearby Skorza for them to play with.  The sergeant brings more of the same plus he is one of the few creatures equipped with a ranged weapon, a massive heavy crossbow.

Supporting these troops are the shield breaker and scourge hound.  As its name implies, the shield breaker is all about intimidating the enemy and smashing them to a pulp.  In contrast the scourge hound moves quickly across the field, its vicious blades slashing through its enemies as it charges across the field.

As you might get from the descriptions, Goritsi is about lightning attacks and maneuvering so it will be interesting to see how the two forces fair against each other, which we will see next time.

No comments: