DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Workbench: The Magical Circle Of Runic Goodness!

I happened to look at one of the games my daughter was playing on my wife's iPhone and was immediately taken by the artwork.  Apparently it was some kind of fantasy game were you are supposed to raise dragons or some such but there was this really cool ring of glowing runes that really caught my eye.  A quick sketch later and I was off to build my own magical runic gateway... thingee.

I'd originally planned on typing up a whole step by step tutorial on this project but unfortunately my inspiration got the better of me and before I knew it I was done!


Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out though I might go over the symbols carved into the stones to give them more of a glowing effect but we'll have to see.  I'd actually tried this for a couple of them but it didn't look quite right so I'm just going with the plain stone for now.

So what's it for?  Well, damned if I know but I've talked with the Munchkin about giving Song of Blades and Heroes a try and this seems like it would be a fun piece of terrain to throw onto the board.  When and if it happens, I'll be sure to type something up about it.  Until next time...

No comments: