DriveThruRPG.com

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

From The Workbench... Adventurers and ARVs!

While I haven't been able to make much more headway with my Wrath of Kings minis, I've still managed to squeeze in a little bit of hobby over the past week.  In particular I ordered some minis from Reaper for the family to use in the D&D game we are part of.


Rather than go with the cheaper option of Bones, I decided that I really wanted to paint some metal so I splurged on our actual characters.  So far I've gotten paint onto two of them, the animal companion for my wife's ranger and my bard mini.

They're not quite done as I still need to paint my bard's bow but I'm really liking how they have turned out, especially the mountain lion.  Wasn't sure if I would be able to get the color right but I had some old bubonic brown from GW that really fit the bill.
I've also been toying with adding an ARV to my US force for Konflikt 47 but I've been at a loss for what to use.  While there is the M32 listed in Resurgence (based on the Sherman for those like myself who didn't know), I was looking for something that I could just use as a tractor to fill in some points.  I asked the Konflikt FB group and they had a great suggestion.
Based on an M3 Stuart that I had lying around, I took the towing assembly from a Mater tow truck from Cars and then cobbled together a pintle mounted MMG using the base of the turret assembly.  Since this is just supposed to be a soft skinned tractor I really wanted it to have more of a cobbled together look.  I might try to put someone sitting up on the ring manning the MMG but for now this will work.  Just need to make time to get some paint on it.

Hopefully I will be able to start getting in more hobby soon because we are in the process of buying a house!  Huzzah!!!  While I won't be able to have my own mancave, we will have a game room which in some ways sounds even more awesome.  Having a whole room where we can have friends over to play games?  Heck yeah!  Even better is a space where I can play more games with my family, something that has become a serious challenge over the last year.  Time is always a premium but lack of space has definitely been a factor as well so it will be nice to be able to address at least one of those problems.  Next I just need to make a time machine and I'll be all set.

No comments: