DriveThruRPG.com

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Random Update: Brush Fu In Color!

For the first time in literally weeks, I picked up the brushes and did some painting.  I've wanted to do something with the minis that I bought from BrushFu Studios on Etsy but time just hasn't been on my side until this weekend.


I'm really happy with house these minis turned out and I'm looking forward to tackling the other ones.  The details on them are very good and the prints are clean as well.  There were a couple of spots where there was the odd bump where the resin had been attached but it was easy peasy to clean them up.

From the left, we have a mini that I picked up to be an apprentice for a Frostgrave warband.  She has a fun vibe to her and I really want to build on that with the wizard (who I already picked up) and the rest of the warband.  They will probably be over the top but that's what makes it painting fun!

Next there is a hardened member of either my Core Space crew or my Five Parsecs from Home crew... or maybe both!  I was thinking that he would be the captain but I'm a little on the fence with it.  I mean he looks like he should be the captain, which makes me want to make him another crew member instead.  I've got more to go with him so I'll have to see who jumps out once the rest are done.

Finally there is a female civilian I picked up for Core Space.  I can see her as some kind of informant the crew needs to get information from, or possibly rescue before the Purge overrun the location.  Either way, I'm happy with how she turned out and I can't wait to paint up some more of the minis!  Until next time...

No comments: