DriveThruRPG.com

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Warlords of Erehwon: The Rune Golem of Lord Ramsay the Grey

I've been doing a lot of for the Zone lately, but that hasn't been the only thing on my painting table.  There have been a couple of rune golems sitting on my table for a while, so I decided that it was time to put some paint onto one of them to see how it would look.


He's a little monotone but that kind of fits with the background I've made up for my Knights.  The house troops of the army will be in blue like the spearmen around the rune golem.  These units are going to form the building blocks at the core of my force.  To expand beyond the core, I want to assemble a few more blocks of 250 points so I can plug them into the army in different ways.

The first of these blocks is going to be focused around Baudric the Red (he popped up in this post here).  The next of the blocks is going to be Vallios Ramsay the Grey who will be bringing his "pet" golems to the party.  In addition to a pair of rune golems, Ramsay himself is mounted on a rune steed with two knights to accompany him.

Ultimately I'm thinking I'd like to have a block of peasants that I could put into the force as well, just to have some cheap "troops" to give me more numbers but these are going to wait for now.  I'm planning on getting some of the Fireforge Northmen Folk Rabble for these.  Since they are plastic figures, it should help keep the cost down a bit, but I just realized that I have 60 Stargrave minis, 20 Panzergrenadiers, and a bunch of other Rune Wars minis that I still need to assemble, never mind paint, so I'm thinking I need to slam the brakes on my purchases while I work on the backlog... especially since that's just the plastic figures... and it doesn't include the Ghar army box that I still have yet to crack open.

Oh boy... this might take a bit.  Well, until next time...

No comments: