DriveThruRPG.com

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Five Parsecs From Home: Introducing The Crew Of The Avadora

Last week, I managed to get more paint onto my crew for Five Parsecs so I thought it was time to start introducing them.  First we have the feral of the group, Vargoth Mistrunner.

Vargoth is from the lower levels of the hive world of Tasoth.  An explorer by trade, Vargoth explored the lower levels of the hive looking for "treasures" that he could sell.  This went well enough until he stumbled into the territory of a group of fanatics known as the Sapphire Angels.  While Vargoth was able to escape, the Angels have been pursuing him since then.

Next we have Aris Salia, the resident agitator from the industrial moon Vilia N65M.

Aris managed to cross the Todov Consortium, the group that runs most of the operations on N65M.  With time running out and the goons closing in, Aris signed up to be part of trader Fol's crew.  This left his trouble behind for now, but the Consortium has a long arm.

We have the unlikely duo of our Engineer and Soulless up next.

Kultak ne Tenalu hails from the Tenalu enclave (hence the name... see what I did there?) located on Rivis.  While most Engineers focus on the technical, Kultak is actually a bounty hunter by trade.  His last contract was to track down a Soulless that had become severed from its hive mind and started calling itself Oracle.  Kultak found it on backwater trade hub and learned its true story.


Oracle had actually escaped from the Tenalu enclave and they were the ones to sever its link.  Kultak and Oracle quickly became companions and decided they would be better off forging their own path away from the enclave, which lead them to employment with trader Fol.

And finally we have the core of the crew, Zav Dezaran and trader Randis Fol himself.

Randis was a member of the Fehyn merchant family.  During one of his trade negotiations, he came across a text for the long dead Neknima sect which contained a damaged map to one of their lost holy sites.  Much to his family's chagrin, he decided to pursue this lead and struck out for the Wilds with his merchant cruiser, the Avadora, and his friend Zav Dezaram.


Randis met Zav when he was on one of the mining stations orbiting Sebunus.  The two quickly hit it off and Randis offered Zav a position on his merchant ship.  Since then, the two have been inseparable so it was no surprise when Zav helped Randis when he decided to head off to chart his own course.

I'm quite pleased with how my crew came out, and I'm glad that I've been able to churn my way through the boxes of Stargrave minis that I bought.  Between this bunch, my Zona Alfa crew, and my nameless heroes for Core Space, I've gone through sixteen of the sixty plastic minis so far... and that's without making up some targets... I mean opposition... for those two games.

And speaking of opposition, I started by first campaign turn for Five Parsecs!  I'm going to grab the board I'd done for Deadzone, throw together some opponents, a bit of quick terrain... and them we'll see how this ragtag bunch of ruffians fare!  Until next time...

No comments: