DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Workbench: Whispers from Below

Hey everyone and welcome to a deep edition of the Dispatch!

For this one, we are going to stay at the Workbench as we take a look at the next warband for SOBH but I gotta be honest; this one's a little shorter. Yep, I cheated this time. But enough with the talking, read on to find out more... and try not to get too claustrophobic.

It Looked So Cute... At Least Until It Opened Its Mouth!
"Building" Another Warband For Song of Blades and Heroes

For this warband, I decided that it was time to dig deep. Real deep. As in to the bowels of Hell itself... at least so they say in the fluff for Claustrophobia. What? You've never heard of Claustrophobia? No worries, I'll be sure to get to that one in the future but for now let's take a look at how I made use of some of the minis from that game to "make" my second warband.

As was the case with some of my Wolfen, the minis in Claustrophobia are also pre-painted but this time I decided not to re-paint them (at least not yet anyway...) .The quality is similar to that of the Wolfen and I kind of like how most of them look anyway. Sure, I could give them more detail, but they'll work for now. First up is the troglodyte, which will be the minor minion munchkin for this warband.

These little guys are pretty weak by comparison but they make up for that weakness by their sheer numbers. And pointy teeth. Then again, they are facing off against the Wolfen which stand taller than a human, never mind these little guys. Looks like they might need some back up.

This is their "big brother", there to guide them through the trials and tribulations of life... and rip their heads off if all else fails. From a mechanics point of view, I made this guy a little over the top compared to what the rules recommend, but considering how weak the trogs are (and since he is supposed to be some kind of demon) I think it will all balance out in the end.

And there is the warhand! Okay, maybe not the whole warband as they still have some points left over but it's enough to put them on the table against my Wolfen warband for now. And that, my friends, will be in the next Dispatch!

The Parting Shot

As always, thanks for checking out the blog and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to either leave them right here on the blog or you can email me at SinCitySnowman@gmail.com. I hope you enjoyed checking out the workbench and be sure to come back again. Until then, remember that if you can't change the rules, then it's time to ignore them.

No comments: