DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Get Your Ass To Mar... Oh, Never Mind

I was listening to the Minions of the Monster Master the other day (an actual play podcast covering several different systems, definitely suggest checking them out) and they happened to mention a new movie coming out that's a remake of an old favorite.  The first quest that came to my mind; Why?

Originally released in 1990, Total Recall starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and was directed by Paul Verhoeven... like anyone didn't know these things.  To me Total Recall is one of the signature Schwarzenegger films along with Terminator and Predator.  Is it a great movie?  In its own way, yes but why remake it?  It just didn't really make any sense to me.

Then I saw the trailer for the new movie.

A lot of things have changed (no more trip to Mars, the addition of flying cars) but the basic story line seems to be pretty much the same.  Even so this looks like it will be one wild ride that I can't wait to check out.  Until next time...

2 comments:

MIK said...

It definitely looks cool, hey, is that a Rhino he's wielding in the trailer?

And thanks for the Minions shoutout!

Sin City Snowman said...

I think its the Rhino DS50 but looks like there's something extra mounted under the barrel.

And you're welcome for the shout out! I love listening to your guys banter and actual plays even if that Gyro guy can be kind of a jerk. :) If any of you out there haven't checked out the Minions of the Monster Master get over there and give them a listen!