DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Desert Wars 2012 Is Coming!

Summer is here in Vegas which means that its time for Desert Wars!  This is a local games day organized by the Las Vegas Wargamers and held in the Visitors Center of the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort right here in downtown Las Vegas.  And I bet you thought all we had was neon lights downtown...

This year the two scheduled events are both sci fi blasts from the past, Starship Troopers and Babylon 5 A Call To Arms, both produced by Mongoose Publishing.  Having a little bit of history with both of these games (I used to run demo games for Mongoose years ago) I am really excited to dust off some of my old minis and get them back onto the table again.  Well "dust off" is an understatement in some cases since my B5 minis especially need some major overhauling but you get the idea.  But more on all this will be coming at you soon.  Until next time...

2 comments:

ado said...

Hey man,
Two things:
First, have you seen these?
http://www.hawkwargames.com/
Second, try out Quarriors, if you haven't yet.

Sin City Snowman said...

Yes I have seen those and they look incredible! In particular I love the look of the PHR. Yeah, go figure; me loving the cyborg nation!

As for Quarriors, I haven't tried it yet though I have been looking at it off and on. Summoner Wars and Super Dungeon were at the top of my list so now that I have those I guess it's time to look at the dicey goodness.