DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Random Updates: Warlord Clearance Sale and a Bit of Hobby Time to Boot!

Just wanted to pass along that Warlord Games is having their summer clearance sale right now!  In fact, just this morning I flushed out my Concord ranks with four more sprues of Strike Troops (five troopers and one light drone on each) plus I grabbed a Ghar bomber sprue and four Ghar assault suit sprues for under $20.  Personally things have been tight for us financially lately so I've been holding off any purchases but this was just too good a deal to miss out on.  In addition to the sprues, I also picked up some targetter drones for both my Algoryn and Concord forces, plus the female NuHu Mandarin for my Concord.  I want to pick up some support options (weapon teams and the like) but this gives me a solid core for both of my armies plus I have a good start on the Ghar as well.

As for my own hobby, I've assembled my third squad of AI troops but I still have to get some paint on them.  I also decided to mod the squad leader and gave him a plasma carbine left over from my C3 minis.  I'd love to do this with more of them so I could field a full command squad but Algoryn hands are noticeably larger which makes some of the weapon swaps a little more complicated.

I also dug out a bunch of different minis that I can throw in for Freeborn mercenaries and between my old Skinnie soldiers from Starship Troopers and some assorted scum minis from Imperial Assault, I've actually got enough to be able to field a small force of them.  As with my other armies they are lacking in support options for now but they give me a solid core to work with.

Finally, I think I have a pretty good concept in my head for the Concord world of Bastion but I'm still working on my Algoryn colony world.  I've got some general ideas but I want to build its history a bit more, not to mention I still need to figure out its name.  I happened to stumble on some random world generators though so I'm going to see what I can pull together.

No comments: