DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Antares: Algoryn Paint Scheme and Even More Independent Contractors!

(In the three and a half months that this post has been up, it has been viewed almost 700 times!  Now this seems a little ridiculous since all of the other posts have less than 50 views.  So what's the difference?  It had "mercenaries" in the title which seemed to be attracting a lot of attention from some parts of the world.  As a test, I decided to switch that part of the title to see just what happens.  And now back to our post already in progress...)

This past weekend I finally worked out the paint scheme for my Algoryn, with my daughter's help of course.  Can't decide on a color scheme?  Ask an aspiring artist!

Here are the two paint schemes... original on the left and the new one on the right.
The original scheme didn't jump out enough for me which is one of the things I'm finding I really enjoy about Antares.  So many of the paint schemes that I've seen are so bright it really made me want to do something more eye catching.  For this force, I was taking inspiration from the colors you'd find in a typical rainforest; parrots, frogs, and the like.  Unfortunately I stopped short on the original scheme so I threw another drybrush on the green and then undercoated the red and yellow markings with white first to really make them pop.

A freshly repainted squad... and they even go with the tablecloth!
In some ways its a subtle difference but overall I really like how much more striking the colors are.

I also finally had a chance to start digging into the mountain of stuff that is in my workspace only to find even more of the mercenary minis I had stumbled across.  Now I have enough to actually field a three squads of the Traahiri mercenaries if I wanted to, plus I found four of them in power armor.  Not sure how this would translate into Antares but its something I'm going to brainstorm on.  I do think that it would be cool to be able to field them as their own army as well but given the figure count I think it would be a stretch.  Of course I could always use them as allies and tack on a C3 command squad.  Have the Concord troops acting as advisors for the Traahiri.  Hmmm...  definitely something to think about but first I should get some paint on them.  This weekend I'm going to wrap up my Algoryn repaint and start work on the Traahiri.

No comments: