DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, February 4, 2019

Workbench: 750 Points of Antares At Last!

This past weekend I placed an order that will give me a well rounded 750 point list for my Algoryn troops.  Finally!  It's taken longer than I wanted but real world concerns need to come first.  I also took a good look at my Concord and Ghar forces and figured out what I need assemble and paint to field 750 lists for both of those as well so I finally have some direction which helps.  Before this I've been a bit too haphazard to really make any solid progress but things should work out nicely now.

This also seems like a good time to address the paint scheme for my Ghar as I've decided to mix things up a bit.  Currently I was looking at dark red but red tends to dominate my color palette. I'm going to paint my Concord command squad and NuHu red, plus my Sulia mercenaries are already dark red so something different is needed for the Ghar.

Given their comparatively primitive technology and limited skill set just a basic bare metal sounds perfect.  I'm thinking a dark steel shade for most of their gear with select bits picked out with either a gold or brass.  Hit this with a coat of Nuln Oil, pick out the reactor highlights, and this sounds perfect.  Simple and utilitarian which just sounds right for them.  So far I only have paint on two of them as test models so this is the perfect time to switch as well so I'm excited to move forward with that once my Algoryn and Concord are painted up.

I've also picked up some zombies and spectres from Zombicide Black Plague.  My selection of undead is kind of lacking and since I'm looking at running Curse of Strahd for my D&D group it seems like something that I should have on hand.  Plus know I'll be able to use them for other things to so it just seemed to make sense.

Now if only I could finally resolve my workroom to get it more usable.  I've been very slowly chipping away at the mass that has been stopping me from moving forward but I need to just invest some time into getting it organized.  Easy to say though things do have a tendency to pop up that I need to take care of.  Still, its overdue and hopefully by putting it out there on the blog I can finally get it finished so I'm aiming for the space organized by Sunday night.  Even just an hour a day should be more than enough to get things sorted out and it will finally get the clutter out of my creative space so I can focus on getting some of these projects done.

No comments: