DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, June 17, 2019

Antares: The Mighty Ghar Assemble!

Having played some games with my Algoryn and Concord forces, I decided it was time to get my Ghar on.  I must admit that these are some of my favorite minis for the game but I'd stayed away from them due to the extra rules that come with them.  My first goal was to have a couple of armies that I could use for demos and the Ghar just don't seem to fit that very well.  With all their special rules and exceptions to the norm, I'd planned on looking at the Ghar later... and then there was that first sprue sale way back when.  Then I found an army box for about half price... Then there was the command crawler that was half price on Amazon...  And the outcasts for half price...

Yes, I admit it; I'm a sucker for a deal.

Sucker or not, I'm glad that I've picked up the ugly little bastards.  They have a lot of character and I can't wait to give them a try.  For now I've put together (but not painted) a 750 point list to try pushing around against the Concord and the Algoryn.


This force seems small since its only five order dice before the plasma amps but I think they will be fun to play.  There are two battle suit squads supported by a mob of ten outcasts and led by a command crawler.  This seems like it will be a good core to build from but I'm thinking that instead of going with Ghar Empire as I'd originally planned that I'm going to make them Ghar Exiles.

Looking over the lists from Antares day, it looks like the points are comparable but they can mix battle and assault suits together in their units.  Since I own a fair number of assault suits (due to the aforementioned sprue sale) this will work really well for me.  I still need to pick up the Dronescrouge Returns which has the Exile list but until I grab it, I'm just going to use the points for the regular Ghar list but use them as they are modeled.  I'm just doing this for fun so I might as well see how they work, right?  But first, the 750 point battle... coming soon!  Until next time...

No comments: