DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Workbench: Babylon Binge And The Outpost

This week has been all about Babylon 5 and working on my outpost.  Normally I think I'd feel guilty about sitting down and watching a 23 episode season of a TV series in three nights but this time, I feel like I've been really productive.  In fact, here is what I've done this week for my Antares outpost.

The outpost buildings along with other terrain pieces I've been working on.
As can be seen, I still need to get paint onto most of the pieces but they are all fully constructed complete with roofs.  As I've mentioned before, there are no interiors for these buildings but I should be able to make some modular units that I can slide into the units if I really wanted to.  Thankfully the rules for buildings in Antares are kind of abstract so the interiors aren't needed.

Beyond the buildings that I've already touched on, I came up with couple of new pieces in the form of a contained field of crops.

Some friendly Ghar coming in town for the farmer's market.
I'd originally seen these as going onto the second level of one of my hab clusters but for now I'm using them as free standing pieces.  I also added a piece of foam core along the bottom of that I can use for "soil" although it would be easy enough to swap it out for another function as well.  Ultimately all of the hab modules are meant to be... well, modular.  The idea is that they can be positioned in a number of different layouts and environs.  Really trying to maximize how functional it is.  It's going to be an extended long weekend for me, but I'll have to see how much I get painted once I get back out here.  Until next time...

No comments: