DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

5e Dungeons & Dragons: This House Is Psycho-Pumped!

Last weekend we "finished" the first part of our Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign.  The caveat on that is the first session, one of the characters (a death cleric of Baphmet) basically kicked in the front door to the haunted house, told the ghosts to get out now, and said that the house was cleansed.  Almost the shortest session ever!

They did ultimately explore a good portion of the house, but it has been a wild and crazy ride.  The party is made of the aforementioned dragonborn death cleric, a tabaxi swashbuckler, and a kenku rogue/wizard, and they are amazing!  The dynamic of the group is all over the place but we're having so much fun with it that it is great.  I never know what they are going to do, but I'm finding that I'm really enjoying that.  I don't have a lot of experience but so far this campaign has had the least amount of preparation that I've ever done.  I do have a number of pages I've written up about my version of Saltmarsh, including it's history (you can find a post about that here) but the actual sessions are so free flowing that I'm having a blast running it.

Between this and a busy weekend around the house cleaning and moving things, I haven't had much time for painting but it's all good.  For now we have two living rooms, so you can't knock that!

Behold the furniture that we are "storing" for our daughter.  Might as well make use of it while it's here!
I did manage to get back to the workbench last night and knocked out a Heroclix repaint (I'm toying with making her Bunny Winters for a Fear and Faith: Kooky Teenage Monster Hunter game).  Very basic paint job, but it's a very basic figure so that works out well.  (I did take a picture to put up here but don't like the angle.  I'll probably throw it up in a later post though once I get some more of Clix painted.)

Next I'll be returning to my Core Space minis.  I still those last two members of Jace's crew to finish off, and I really need to place that order for Zed's.  I'm having fun painting the Core Space minis and want to make sure I have more on hand so I can keep working on them.  And if that wasn't enough, I've got some ideas brewing for Zona Alfa terrain and miniatures but one thing at a time... at least that's the theory.  Until next time...

No comments: