DriveThruRPG.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Stargrave: Nickstarter For The USA

Just a quick update this week.  I've been looking at the Stargrave Nickstarter but when I've looked at oversea postage lately, it's been too high for me to justify.  That's when I heard about Badger Games.


Based out of Wisconsin, they carry a number of lines from overseas such as Copplestone Castings, Fireforge, and Artizan Designs.  I've only skimmed through these and while it doesn't look like they carry everything, it at least gives those of us State side another option with a much more reasonable shipping cost.


What's really nice is they are also honoring the Nickstarter stretch goals, and it looks like the Nickstarter is going to hit every goal available!  In this case, I'm on the fence for Stargrave because of some of the things that I've heard, but the mini bundle deal?  Heck yeah!

You can get all three of the plastic sets (that's the Crew, Mercenaries, and Troopers sets), plus all of the stretch goals (currently eight metal minis, plus a gnoll sprue, three loot markers, and a d20... just because) for $69 plus $10 shipping.

The thing that has me most excited about this is the plastic minis.  How often do you find plastic system agnostic sci-fi minis?  And given the number of bits included as well, I think this will be a fun bunch of minis to mess around with.

Ultimately, I might wind up picking up Stargrave as well, but for now I'm really happy to have these.  With the buzz that I've been hearing around Five Parsecs from Home, I feel like that one is a definite buy once the pdf only release becomes available.  Add in these guys with my Core Space minis (or vice versa as well), and there are just so many options that I can't wait to explore.  Until next time...

No comments: