DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Roaming! It's Epic! It's the Roaming Epic!

Hey everyone and welcome to an epically roaming installment of the Dispatch!

As some of you might have guessed, there has been a slight lack of hobby in Snowman's Land which is why I've only been doing the Audio Noise, but I finally was able to get some more Malifaux goodness done. That's right, more work on the Roaming Monkey plus I have started making a Hangman's Tree as well. As if that wasn't enough, I've also managed to stray into every gamer's favorite territory, the land of Epic Fail. Want to learn more? Then read on my friends!

More Tales From The Roaming Monkey
Malifaux Terrain Project

As some of you might recall, I had started work on the Roaming Monkey a number of... weeks? Months ago? Let's just say it's been a while and leave it at that. I have finally been able to get some more work done on this fine frontier establishment.

The Land of Epic Fail
The Wonderful World of Hobby Blunders

It's okay, you can admit it. We've all had those moments of epic fail when we have this plan or idea that sounds so perfect... and then goes horribly wrong. I blame my latest one on a temporary lose of all forms of common sense but you can be the judge.

I was working on my Malifaux Witch Hunter crew and things were moving along great. I was able to get the pins into their feet without too much trouble, I was very happy with how the painting was turning out, it was all going so smoothly. Sometimes it's hard to fit in hobby time though so I was leaving my paints and the minis I was working on by the sink in the kitchen on a small counter that we don't use very much. If anything, it tend to turn into a catch all where people put things down when they first get home. Still, I wasn't worried about it. The painted minis were away from there and I just had the Roaming Monkey and one of the witchling stalkers on there. What harm could come to them?

My weekend wrapped up and weekdays are never good for hobby so I just left the stuff there in the hopes that I might be able to grab a few spare minutes at some point. I probably should have reconsidered putting the trash can right next to that counter but I had just clean some stuff off the table and it seemed so convenient at the time. Of course now all I can do is wonder if that stalker likes his new home wherever it may be but it really had seemed like a good idea at the time...

No comments: