DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

TV Review: Star Wars The Clone Wars

When I first saw this series I thought it might be worth checking out though I was a little hesitant.  I had seen the Clone Wars animated movie and regretted it but after much deliberation I decided to give the series a try.


At first I wasn't that impressed.  It wasn't horrible but it really seemed to fall flat.  Not much depth to the stories and just no real connection to the characters.  I was actually going to just write the whole thing off when I talked to someone at work who was also watching the series.  He agreed that the first episodes weren't that good but told me to stick with it because it gets better.  As it happens, he was right.

Not only does this series flesh out the missing years between the second and third abominations (aka Episode two and three) it also adds some depth to the character backgrounds as well.  Palpatine's manipulations of the Republic, Anakin's inevitable fall to the dark side, even Obi Wan's background is fleshed out, not to mention a number of other Jedi who are put into the spotlight along with some of the clone troopers themselves (just because the are genetically the same definitely doesn't make them identical).  Personally I recommend giving this series a try even if you weren't a fan of the prequel trilogy though be warned; the series doesn't start to get some good momentum until about a third of the way through the first season.  Until next time...

No comments: