DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, September 3, 2018

Gates of Antares: Reinforcements For Bastion!

My order from the Warlord summer clearance sale arrived! Now I have enough Concord strike squads for days (which translates roughly into six squads), plus a NuHu Mandarin to act as a commander, and a targeter probe shard.

The might of Bastion assemble!  No, really, glue yourselves together, will you?
In addition to filling out my Concord, I also grabbed a targeter shard for my Algoryn and a bunch of Ghar assault suits and a bomber suit as well.  This helps round out the core of my Algoryn force and gave me one heck of a jump on starting a Ghar Empire force.

The Ghar shall reign supreme!  As soon as I get some more of them anyway...
Now I've just got to get some more assembling and painting done, then I can start hitting the game store.  Currently I don't think that there is anyone seriously playing Gates of Antares locally but there is a strong Bolt Action crowd so I'm hoping that I might be able to get some people interested.  I might pick up a support team for the Algoryn and possibly a T7 just to have on hand as well but one step at a time.

Unrelated to GoA, my family and I are still trying to settle into our new home as there were boxes and boxes and still more boxes full of... well, crap mostly it seems like.  It's amazing how much we hold onto that just is meaningless in lots of ways.  Dead games from publishers that closed their doors years ago because I might want to play it again someday.  Seemed like a good idea at the time but now... well not so much.  Maybe just in the insight we gain from getting old but there is only so much time in the day for everything so why include the other random bits of detritus that just add clutter to our lives?

So why this sudden serious note in my blog?  Well, I've decided that its time to lighten the load and finish the things that need to be done.  By the end of the month I plan on getting some of the random stuff that I've got laying around onto Ebay.  I figure I might as well try to send some of these things to people that are going to get some use out of them before I consign them to the scrap heap.  If some of it sells, great!  More more to invest into GoA and other projects that I'm currently working on and not things that I might have a use for someday if the moon is in the right phase... well, you get the picture.

No comments: