DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Random Updates: A Bon Voyage With A Bang!

Today we are having a going away Bolt Action game day for my friend Matt.  He is heading west to enjoy the amazingly temperate weather of Arizona (slight bit of sarcasm... just checked the weather and it's 84 degrees out there at 6 in the morning).  For this game, the limits are 750 points and 8 order dice... and that's it.  As I mentioned before, I had to take the cheese road for this one and built my list around my brand new 395 point heavy tank, an M26 Pershing.


Yes, it's ridiculous.

For the rest of the list, I was going to field a 2nd Lieutenant with a meat shield... I mean assistant, two 6 man squads of regular infantry with two BARs in each, a regular medium mortar with a spotter, a regular medic, and two inexperienced MMG teams.


The only problem that really sticks out for me is those regular infantry squads are pretty small.  Their firepower is pretty good at 8 dice but I can see them getting broken pretty fast.  Hopefully keeping the medic close will help but I suppose only time will tell.  No idea what kind of scenarios we will be playing either so I think I'm just going to go for blowing stuff up instead of objectives.  I mean really, I've got a super-heavy anti-tank gun... what else am I supposed to do?  Fingers crossed and cannons loaded!  Until next time...

No comments: