DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Workbench: I Had Such Big Plans...

Maybe not big plans but I was at least going to finally get my table set up and play some Antares... then I left my miniatures in Maine.  D'oh!  Makes gaming difficult when you don't have the minis. 

Instead I took some time to brainstorm more for a Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign.  Not quite sure when this will start as we are still trying to get out of Gracklstugh in Out of the Abyss but at some point, in theory, we will actually make it out of that city.  We might leave it a burning ruin with a rampaging dragon but as long as we are out of the city...

Then I realized that I did actually have something here to paint, my M7 transport for my Concord troops.  I want to do some more detail work on it but at least at this point it has the basic paint scheme on it.

Basing still in progress but you get the idea
Beyond that, I did also receive another shipment of Wrath of Kings minis.  Miniature Market recently ran a warehouse sale so I snatched up some more units that were too cheap to pass up.


These are all from the Rising Conflicts expansion which I was originally going to avoid.  The stuff from the main rulebook has all been errata'd but the newer stuff... not sure how balanced it is.  Since CMON basically stopped supporting the game after the new units were released, it's not something that I see them taking the time to work on.  That said, I really have enjoyed the games that I've played and like the idea of having more unit types available.  And besides, one of those is a unit of flying pigs so... yeah, had to have it.  I need to start assembling and basing those so I can try them out, but first there will be Antares.  A friend of mine is still interested in a demo so I want to push around some minis to put together some good demo lists.  Until next time...

No comments: