DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Audio Noise: There's A Chance You'll Get Hooked By This One

Lately I've been digging around to try to find more podcasts to listen to.  Typically I look for actual plays, but I happened to stumble across this one and decided to take a chance...

Focus: enhancing your 5e D&D experience

Audio Quality: four and a half fleshed out character concepts

Content Quality: five fiendish DM plans

Average Length: 40 minutes to an hour

Release Schedule: weekly

I must admit that I don't usually listen to informational podcasts like this one but I'm really glad that I found it.  The chemistry between the hosts Travis and Jordan is really good, and makes this podcast an easy listen.  They are both enthusiastic about the topic and have a lot of experience that they bring to the table.  They also go the extra mile to tie things in with historical references as well which is absolutely fascinating.  As an example, I'd never heard of Jeanne de Clisson and the bloody path she carved through the English Channel but man does she sounds terrifying!

The only thing that I have found slightly off in the 30+ episodes that I've listened to in the past week (yes, it really is that good) is a slight leveling problem on their audio.  They changed their format in episode  23 to go to a weekly format but the bumpers were a noticeably louder than the podcast itself for a few episodes.  Just made it a little jarring between segments initially but they seemed to have fixed it pretty quickly.

Overall this is a really well put together, informative, and insightful podcast about 5e, and if you are into Dungeons and Dragons I definitely recommend giving it a listen.  Until next time...

No comments: