DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Deadzone: Revisiting the Plague

I saw a Facebook post in the Deadzone Fanatics group that finally go me inspired to work on my Plague again.  Originally I had painted a few 3Z minis using flesh tones as I didn't want to go a purple as they are usually shown.  Then I saw the post that changed my mind.  The author used contrast paints to give them a much more understated shade and I decided to try doing something similar.

Fleshy zombie on the left, grape zombie on the right.

The base paint is a light grey from Vallejo (not sure the shade at the moment) which I then went over with GW shade Druchii Violet, then a quick drybrush with the light grey to finish it off.  Visually I really like this a lot more than what I'd originally tried and it seems more understated than some of the other purples that I've seen done.

I've already got another three that I've finished, and another three in process.  As for the fleshy ones, I might actually leave them that way and maybe even paint a couple more in a similar fashion.  They look alright for modern/sci-fi zombies so I'm thinking I might keep them around just for that.

As for the rest of the Plague that I have, I want to break out the set of 3rd gen troopers I have and start putting them together.  Between those and my zombies, I've easily got enough points to put together a decent force which I'll be able to push around for a solo game... just gotta throw together some more terrain for it first.  Until next time...

No comments: