DriveThruRPG.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Random Update: Well, I Had A Plan... And Maybe I Still Do!

Last week was a short work week, but proved to be a very busy one for me.  In my few bits of free time, I decided it was time to really take a good look at Battle Systems terrain.  I had first heard of them back with one of their first Kickstarters but I didn't dig any further.  As I try to find time to squeeze in miniatures, terrain, and gaming I decided it was time to rectify that and give them a good look.  If I can get some decent terrain for a reasonable price, well Hell ya!  Sounds like a plan!

Looking at their site, they have tons of options; fantasy, sci-fi, modern... pretty much all your most common gaming needs nowadays.  And looking closer at the individual pieces, they look pretty cool and the price is very reasonable, especially when you consider how much time their system saves.

Even so, I didn't want to just pull the trigger without getting a first hand look at things, so I scoured their catalog and picked out a few things to check out that would give me a good sense of how their stuff looks.  This was all well and good... until I looked at shipping.

My order consisted of two items, the fantasy thatched cottage and wooden fences.  All together, this rang up to a mere $23.98 which is more than reasonable.  Unfortunately shipping added another $23.88 which makes it a bit less so.  To try to save on international shipping, I looked at some of the stockists in the northeast but most of those unfortunately were focused on Magic. which is a damn shame.  It really looked like a great option, and for those of you in the UK, I would definitely recommend checking them out!  For those of us in the States though... it's bit hard to justify.

At this point I was going to throw in the towel but I decided to take a look at a couple of the other US stockists just in case.  A few more TCG stores later and I discovered... well, Discover Games down in Atlanta.  They didn't have the smaller kits that I had been considering, but they did have the village ruins set for a couple of dollars less than retail.  On top of that, they are running a 15% off sale that ends today.

Yeah... this town has seen better days... It'll be perfect!

Can you say instant buy?

So now, I wait...  Very excited I was able to get a hold of it though, and they carry more items from the line so there might be some more orders to them in my future!  Until next time.

No comments: