DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Random Update: Incoming!!!

Not much time for hobby BUT... I did buy some things.  This time of year everybody has a Black Friday sale and I decided to take advantage of the one from Miniature Market!  I could have gone a whole lot crazier than I did but I decided to show a bit of restraint...  kind of.

So we have...

My tiny pile of Black Friday goodness...

On the top of the pile are the Teknes Union workers for Wrath of Kings.  More pig warriors!  I really didn't like these figures when I saw them in the Kickstarter but once I actually got them to the table, I knew I needed some more.  They are just goofy, full of character, and fun to play!  This box takes me up to 24 workers which should be more than I will ever need!  The perfect number!

Next is Tomb Trader.  I've seen this one a couple of times on Miniature Markets sales, and this time I was able to grab a copy.  The players are all legitimate archaeologists... really... not tomb raiders at all... and you try to make it out with the most treasure for the "museum" before the temple collapses.  There is bit of deal making thrown in and as long as everyone agrees, then everyone can leave with something.  But if not... no treasure for you!  This just sounds like a fun, light game and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

And last but not least...  Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Board Game.  I never watched too much Buffy so I'm not one of the show's cult like following, but this game has really good reviews.  The basic concept is you need to defeat the big bad to win, but along the way you need to deal with the lesser monsters of the week.  Take them all out before too many townies die, and you win!  I've actually been looking at this one for a while on Amazon but it's been locked solid at $33.  With this sale, it dropped all the way down to $18 which made it a must buy just so I could check it out.

What I found interesting about this game was the reviews all took the approach of Buffy fan and everyone else, but either way it had good reviews.  On top of that it also can be played solo which will make it perfect when I go back into the field.  I enjoy painting and pushing around my minis, but sometimes it's good to just crash in the hotel and play a game.

That said, there is still a bit more that I've picked up since then.  The Battle Systems Ruined Village set will be arriving tomorrow and the Battle Systems Core Space core game will be arriving next week.  Yeah, I went a little crazy for the BS but I'm excited at the prospect of some quality assembled terrain, and my daughter has even expressed an interest in Core Space though that one can be played solo as well.  Lots of good stuff heading this way and I'm really looking forward to trying it out!  Until next time...

No comments: