DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, December 14, 2020

Random Updates: Core Space In A Battle System

It's been a while but they've finally arrived; the Battle Systems Ruined Village and Battle Systems Core Space!  I had hoped to take a look at the village set "in the flesh" before taking the plunge, but after watching several play throughs I'm feeling really good about shelling out the cash for Core Space.  The mechanics look very straightforward and the terrain looks really nice as well!  As for the minis... I'll have to see tonight.  The joys of USPS notifications. "Your package is here.  You can't look at it though.  Ha ha!"

I plan on cracking them open tonight and maybe I'll even get to paint/build something?  Maybe?  Hopefully?  If not tonight, then definitely by the end of the week!

On a somewhat unrelated note, I was able to get together with a friend of mine this weekend and try the Sentinels of the Multiverse: Oblivaeon expansion.  It seemed vaguely promising at first... and then it all went to Hell in a handbasket! My friend and his son both went through three characters before we lost while I knocked it all the way up to five, and one of those literally entered the game and instantly died.  "I'm here to save the..." splat...  Still a lot of fun even if we did get our butts kicked!  Slightly time consuming though (think we clocked in around four hours for the one game?) so make sure you bring some snacks if you want to try to save existence!  Until next time...

No comments: