DriveThruRPG.com

Friday, December 18, 2020

Core Space: Super Glue Incoming!

I decided to hold off working on my Fantasy Village until I get some brush on super glue, but I'm going to push forward with digging out bits for Core Space!  Sooooo much stuff to punch!!!  So far it has gone fairly smoothly though I did run into some issues with the laminated weapon counters not being quite punched through.  Easy fix though as I just peeled the extra material off the "sprue" and cleaned up the counters with some snips.  My hostility tracker didn't do quite as well though, and I lost the top corner because I was being too hasty.  Oops!  Still not too shabby considering all the bits that covers!

I was able to continue with some more punching last night (after watching some of Jubei-Chan: The Ninja Girl... I was laughing so much I was crying!!!) and over the weekend I might work on getting some figures cleaned up and primed.  Assuming I don't go crazy seeing what type of terrain I can throw together!  Very excited to get this one and so is my daughter which is a great plus.  I was expecting to be focusing on solo play with it but she is interested in giving it a spin as well which would be awesome!

I've also already decided that I want to expand my collection.  All of the expansion packs look really cool, though I'm a little on the fence for the Yamato crew expansion.  From what I've read, Brutus and Ellen appear to be a tag team combo which is a cool concept in the long term.  For initially digging deeper into the game, I might hold off on this set a little bit just so I can fill out more single crew options.  Besides another crew, I'm also thinking of getting the Shootout at Zed's expansion.  The Galactic Corps set looks sweet as well, but the extra terrain with Zed's just looks to enticing to pass up, not to mention the extra class boards as well.  If this game is half as good as I'm expecting, I'm sure I'll wind up with both of them eventually.  Until next time...

No comments: