DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, September 20, 2021

Random Updates: Blades, Wrath, and Buffy

Things got busier for me on the work front at the end of this past week so I wasn't able to get as much hobby done as hoped.  I did start to dabble with stating up my Goritsi and Teknes minis for Song of Blades and Heroes.  It was a little difficult since there isn't a lot to differentiate the minis.  Normally this isn't an issue but when I got to the Goritsi shield breaker it was making things pretty challenging.  While I ruminated on the solution, I decided to break out another board game to give it a try.


I picked up Buffy the Vampire Slayer: the Board Game a while back but hadn't tried it out yet.  I brought it with me since it scales from one to four players so it works for solo play.  So without much ado I cleared off the table, set it up and gave it a spin.

I wasn't able to finish the game due to phone calls but I feel like I was able to get a good feel for it, at least enough for a quick review anyway.  Overall very quick to pick up but good gameplay that still gives a challenge.  Not going to dive too deep for now but I'm glad I picked it up and I'm looking forward to running through a full session soon.


I was able to get back to my Wrath of Kings minis after that though and I think I figured out the best way to handle the breaker.  Oddly enough I had to tap into some rules from Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes but I'm looking forward to giving them a try.  Currently I have two 250 point forces stat'd up for both forces so I'll have to see if I can squeeze in a game this week.  This is going to be a short week for me but worst case scenario I'll be able to run a game or two next week for sure.  Once I give those a try, I'll expand the forces to see how they work plus I've also picked up the advanced rules.  Figure running a game or two of each using the "same" minis will give me a good feel for how the two compare.

I've also managed to get a paint "table" set up too, so I've started working on my resin cyberpunk minis again.  Slow progress for now since I've doubled back to finish off some details (the bases and other small bits), but I've got some more into the cue that will be appearing soon.  Until next time...

No comments: