DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Random Updates: Cyberpunk Miniatures

I set up the paint station and BOOM!  Instant painted minis!  Well, not really... but I've made some great progress.  I already had three of them mostly done, but I went back and touched up the bases to dress them up.  Pretty happy with the results as well.  First up are the new crew that I bought for Core Space.  I might use them for Five Parsecs as well but either way here they are.


I'd picked these four out months ago but hadn't finished them off.  These minis are quite a bit larger than the figures from the Core Space game, but I really like the aesthetic of them.  Still need to figure out the names and such, but this is a really good start.  I also get a kick out of the cyberpunk Aang on the left.  I hadn't noticed the arrow on his head or the glider on the back when I bought it but it's a fun little touch.  I'm pretty pleased with the bases as well.  The two with the black lip are separate bases that the seller threw into with my orders and visually I think they are a nice touch.  They are available separately now so I might pick some more up on my next order.

The other two that are finished are the first of my "bystanders"... and yes, one of them is a dog.

I think the lady will be a good Miss Johnson/informant and the dog... well, it's a cyberdog.  What's not to love?  I'm thinking maybe he can be like Ein from Cowboy Bebop.  There is another dog in the BrushFu shop as well, so I might have to get this pup a buddy.

On top of these these two, I have three more that are still in progress.

To the left is a courier, and I'm really tempted to go with FedEx or UPS inspired colors for him.  In the middle is your friendly neighborhood knockoff vendor.  What a watch?  He's got a fine cyber-Rolex for ya.  The last mini isn't a print, it's actually an old Tau ethereal miniature from... a long time ago?  I think he will work great for an alien priest of some kind.

I feel like I'm on a roll with these dudes, so I'm looking forward to working on the last three.  Plus, I'm already putting together another order to give me more narrative options.  I've also still got the nameless hero minis to get some paint on as well, so between all of that there should be enough to put together an interesting story or two.  Just need to figure out if I'm just going to use the Purge for the big bad or look for another option to give some variety.  Interesting things to consider.  Until next time...

No comments: