DriveThruRPG.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Random Updates: Space Ex Vendors In The Zone

Another week and more painting! Yaaayyyyy!!!  I decided to continue moving forward with my Core Space/cyberpunk/Five Parsecs minis and put some paint onto my courier and the knock-off vendor.


After looking at a few different paint schemes, I knew that I had to pull some inspiration from FedEx.  I really like purple and the orange accents just pop against it.  For now I've only put the orange onto the cuffs for now but I might put some onto the cap as well.  It's a little tight since his cap is backwards and I've already attached his massive pack.  Whoops!  Oh well, I like the other colors that I pulled in so he is visually interesting.


For my vendor, I tried to give him a sickly and pale skin tone.  I knew his trench coat needed to me dark with a fancy red lining, but I had no idea what to do with his body suit.  Looking closer at the detail on it, I was reminded of Baron Harkonen's body suit from the original Dune movie.  I painted it up with some jack bone and a wash to pull up the details.  This was a little monochromatic though so I picked out all the straps and such with some grey to break it up.  A few more details and ta-da!  One creepy vendor ready to go.


I also decided to grab one of my Zone crew and slap some paint on him, in this case Jonesy.  I went with your typical military colors of greens and browns, and even speckled his jacket with some camouflage.  Quick and dirty, but I really like how it turned out... now I just need to grab my basing material when I'm back home.  Once that's done, it should pull the whole thing together and make him look pretty sharp.

Of course I also remembered once I was finishing him up that I've been talking about doing the Southwest Exclusion zone... which is more of a scrubland than forested terrain.  Then again, this is one of the recruits... it would explain why he doesn't have more experience.  Want to survive in the desert?  Then don't wear green!  Or I might just hop right back into a more traditional environ for my zone.  All things to consider.

I plan on finishing off the last of my CS/CP/FP minis this week and then I'll have to see what else catches my fancy.  I might grab the nameless heroes I put together since those will be a really quick job.  I'm also putting together another order to BrushFu since I've been enjoying painting these minis so much.  This time, I'm thinking more of the cyberpunk bases along with some more civilians to throw out there.  I've got a good number of them now but I really like the idea of painting up some more.    Until next time...

No comments: