DriveThruRPG.com

Sunday, July 22, 2012

And The Fearsome Fracas In The Desert Is Finished

Yes, that's right... Desert Wars is now over here in Sin City.

Some of you might remember me mentioning this event before but for those of you who don't or have just forgotten, Desert Wars is held each summer by one of the local gaming groups, the Las Vegas Wargamers.  The last one that I went to was years ago so I decided it was time to head back down and check it out.

Starship Troopers Miniature Game in progress
Honestly, I hate to say it but I was kind of disappointed.  I guess I was expecting a larger turn out and perhaps more variety then there actually was.  Admittedly I already knew which games I wanted to play and I knew that they'd be there so the limited selection didn't really have any bearing on me... but that was about all that really happened.  In fact over the course of the seven hour event, there were a whooping five games played.

Babylon 5: A Call To Arms game in progress
Now don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining about the games that I took part it.  I had a ton of fun even if they were absolutely ridiculous scenarios but like I said, I was just expecting more.  Ah well... I got to meet up with some friends I haven't seen in ages and dust off a couple of games that I really enjoyed playing.  In the end, that just sounds good to me.  Until next time...

No comments: