DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Movie Review: The World Is Sick And We Are The Doctors

And how true that quote seems to be at the end of this movie when one world burns while humanity is forced to rise from the ashes of another.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  A year or so ago I first heard this movie was coming out and I was really excited.  The concept just sounded so over the top I couldn't wait to see...


I mean come on, Nazis from the moon returning to invade the Earth?  It just screams over the top pulpy goodness!  Unfortunately it was not slated for widespread release so I figured I'd just have to wait and see if I could get it on DVD.  As too often happens, time passed and it slipped my mind until I happened to stumble across it while looking to see if Iron Man was on Netflix streaming.  "Sweet!" I thought.  "Now I finally have a chance to see it!"

So how was it?

Overall I liked it but it wasn't quite what I expected.  Of course I'm not really sure what exactly I did expect but this wasn't quite it.  The effects were well done in my opinion and the story was interesting as well with a couple of little twists thrown in for good measure.

So what is it ultimately?  It's story about revenge.  And like the movie says, it never really works out the way you want it to.  Until next time...

2 comments:

MIK said...

Funny, you took the same path I did; forgot all about it until I saw it on Netflix.

All in all, it wasn't horrible all things considered. I wasn't expecting it to be outright comedic mind you, but it was fairly funny.

It was so much better than Starship Troopers 3 which I had the unfortunate pleasure of Netflixing as well. You may want to try it, but don't. Just don't.

Sin City Snowman said...

See I wasn't expecting it to be overly comedic, just maybe more pulpy if that makes sense. The ending also caught me off guard as I wasn't expecting it to be quite so bleak.

As for Starship Troopers, there have only been two movies that I even acknowledge existing with that franchise and I only found the second last week! 2 and 3 just never happened in my mind.