DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Workbench: Making Proxy Trenchers

Having lost rather badly with Magnus yet again, I oddly enough find myself more drawn toward playing him. The question is how do I make his force more functional? Looking on the War Room app (very useful app for Warmahordes that I really recommend checking out), I saw that Magnus can use Trenchers or Long Gunners in his Most Wanted theme list. That is all well and good but money is tight right now so how can I get them without breaking the bank?  The answer? Hit the internet!

Originally I thought about using some Confrontation Fusiliers for Long Gunners (which I conveniently already have) but I'd really rather have some Trenchers. A quick search oddly enough led me to blog that read in the past, Wee Blokes.

In several articles, he chronicles his own plight of finding proxies for various Cygnar minis, including the Trenchers!  What made it even better is the fact that his solution is not only extremely cost effective but also very easy to duplicate.

A number of years ago, there was a big box starter made for the miniature game Warzone. This set was actually a heck of a deal as it came with eighty plastic miniatures, forty of each side. What's even better is the fact that you can now buy all the minis from Prince August Miniatures for just over $40.  What makes these figures so useful for this project is the design of the Imperial troops.

Looking like something from the British front lines in WW I, they will work very nicely for some stand in Trenchers as ArabianKnight has shown on his excellent blog (definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already). Sure they're going to take a little work but as I was able to pick up forty of the Trencher minis on eBay for about $18, I'm looking at saving myself about $95 by going this route. Call me crazy... Well, if I'm not yet I probably will be soon enough, right? Until next time...

No comments: