DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Workbench: Algoryn Assault Troops and Medic Team

Last weekend I managed to get most of the painting done for my Algoryn assault troops and medic team.  As I mentioned before I decided to go with a paint scheme slightly different paint schemes from my regular troops.

Algoryn Assault Troops Away!
While most of my troops are in the green armor worn by the garrison stationed on Yadrolla, I decided that the assault troops were from the core military of the Algoryn so I painted them more in line with the studio colors.  Ultimately I want to add some more troops to the unit and pick up a Defiant to transport them on the battlefield but for now I'm really happy with how they have come out.  Still some more details to add but I was too excited about how they turned out not to share.

"Medic!!!"
For my medic team, I decided to use some leftover plastic AI minis with some added bits.  The heads are from the basic sprue but I didn't use this style for any of my other Algoryn which helps them stand out.  I also took some scanner wings that I had cut off of some Concord spotter drones and mounted them on their forearms as medic scanners.  Finally I went with a similar paint scheme to the studio minis to really make them pop on the battlefield.  I am also going to try to mod a couple of the regular AI spotter drones into medi-drones so that I can have a common design like I have with my Concord drones.

I've also been plugging away at the remainder of the core troops but there's still more work to be done on them.  Hopefully this upcoming weekend I get a good chunk of them finished as well, and then its on to the Ghar!

No comments: