DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Painting Notebook: Concord C3 Strike Trooper and Spotter Drone

Concord Strike Trooper from Bastion

My C3 troops were all primed with Vallejo black surface primer (73.602).  Once this dried, they were all dry-brushed with Vallejo Game Color Cold Grey, followed by a mix of Cold Grey and Vallejo Game Color Stonewall Grey (72.049), and finally a layer of just Stonewall Grey.

Concord Strike Trooper front
Their face plates were painted with a P3 Thamar Black, while any expose joints, the central disc on their back, and their plasma weapons were given a thick wash Thamar Black.

Concord Strike Trooper back
Once this was done I added a small dot of Khador Red Base (PIP 93021) onto the two dots located on the chest plate to break up all the grey.

My C3 spotter drones were done using the same paints and methods as the troopers.
C3 Spotter Drone front
The mounts for the sensors were painted with P3 Thamar Black and then the lenses were picked out with Khador Red Base.

C3 Spotter Drone back
Basing

For my Concord force, I use my regular basing technique; a coat of either P3 Bloodtracker Brown (PIP93030) or P3 Bootstrap Leather (PIP93031), followed by a layer of Gale Force 9 fine basing grit (GFS019) glued down with Elmer's Glue-All.  Once this has dried, I add some spots of Glue-All to the layer of grit, spread it in patches with a toothpick, and then cover this with Gale Force 9 Green Static Grass (GFS001).  As a final touch, I paint the rim of the base with black paint to give it a clean finish.

No comments: