DriveThruRPG.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Workbench: Slightly Delayed Small Hab Update

(Dispatcher note: This post was supposed to go up on the 23rd... so I left it with that date.  There is more coming soon. Enjoy!)

As I feared, the adhesive on the foam sheet wasn't strong enough to hold on the corners.  It was an easy fix as I just pulled back the foam along the length of it and hit it with a quick shot of hot glue.  Definitely stuck now though I've changed my methods on my next piece, but first...


Here is the painted small hab, complete with roof even!  I'm thinking I might go back and hit it with some graffiti or other markings but for now its usable.


I just left the interior as a gaping black void but with the abstract way that units in buildings are handled in Antares, this shouldn't be an issue.  That said, I think it would be pretty easy to add a removable interior if I wanted to but that can wait for now.


Overall I'm happy with the design and they have been fairly easy to pull together.  I still have a number more to make for my Freeborn outpost (maybe half a dozen or so?) but I think they will look pretty cool once they're done.  As an added plus, I'm going to be leaving them separate pieces so they will be very flexible for terrain set up.

To go back to the changing method that I mentioned before, I decided to try cutting the bent plates along the edges into two pieces instead of wrapping it around.  Given the gap along the edges, I was worried about how well they would adhere but so far it has been working fairly well.  No pics yet but either later this week or next I will have at least a grey dry brush on it which will make the details easier to see instead of the matte black foamcore.  Until next time...

No comments: