DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, October 21, 2019

Workbench: Small Hab Detailed And Base Coated! Huzzah!

Over the weekend I grabbed some of the adhesive foam sheets I'd mentioned last week and got to work on adding some details.  The material is just the right thickness that it adds some depth to the structure without being too exaggerated.


I am concerned about how well the adhesive will hold on some of the pieces so I'll have to take a look tomorrow to see if there is any lifting.  Even if there is, the fix is to just hit it with a hot glue gun but I'm hoping that the regular adhesive is going to be strong enough to do the job.  Even so, I'm not the patient sort so I threw some paint onto the small hab unit to see how it took and I'm really liking it so far.


The structure is much easier to see with some paint on there to give contrast.  I was also able to skip the step of undercoating anything by just using black materials which made the whole process much faster.


I am going to go back and add some more painted details to this piece to give it a little more personality but structurally it is good to go... well, except for the roof of course.  Very basic compared to work by other people but I think it will do the job nicely and ties in well with the style for the rest of my terrain.  Beyond this piece, I have also started finishing off the landing pad and warehouse though I want to see how the adhesive holds before I get too carried away with them.  More on those later this week.  Until next time...

No comments: