DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, January 11, 2021

Workbench: A New Year, A New Challenge

Last year I decided to try to do the painting challenge of one mini per day.  I started out strong but unfortunately things took a nose dive through the middle of the year.  In the end I managed to get over 100 minis painted which was a very pleasant surprise.  This year started with another lull as we worked out way through the New Year but I've decided to reset and give it another go.

To that end, I sat down and started cranking out some minis over the weekend.  To be honest my cranking them out is more of a power walk compared to some people, but you get the idea.  So far I have six minis just waiting on basing with another two in progress.

My goal for now is to finish up all of these by the weekend (including basing), plus get some more underway.  I'm the first one to say that I'm not going for any awards with these figures so the paint schemes in some cases are pretty basic.  My goal with this is to get more consistent with my painting through the year, and the extra brush time will help improve the quality of my work as well.  Time will tell how I stick with this but I really enjoyed having the goal last year, so I'm hoping to make even better progress this year.  Until next time...

No comments: