DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, September 8, 2011

"One more thing..."

While sifting through the myriad of options that are available on Netflix streaming I happened to stumble on a cartoon from 2000 that is definitely worth checking out.


I remember watching some episodes of Jackie Chan Adventures years ago but never the full series. I've recently been able to remedy that (well, I've seen most of the series now...) and I'm glad I did.

The story revolves around Jackie Chan (go figure) but in the series he is your average archeologist who finds himself pulled into a race to prevent a ancient demon from being released from his prison.  And that's just the first season!  The supernatural twists continue in the second season as the demon tries to release his brothers and sisters from the extra-dimensional prison.  Even though this is definitely done as a kids cartoon series, I can see a lot of potential for ripping ideas into your own game... plus its fun to watch which is always a good thing.  Until next time...

2 comments:

MIK said...

I can't say enough good things about this show. The overall arc is well written and has a very cool vibe to it, this would make the *perfect* modern action RPG in the same vein as Big Trouble in Little China.

Sin City Snowman said...

Very true Mik and that would be a heck of a lot of fun to play it! Plus it seems like you could pull ideas from it for a fantasy setting as well. We are dealing with demons after all.

Also speaking of Big Trouble, I've heard that was originally supposed to be a western but they decided to move the story to a modern setting as they didn't know how well a western would be received in 1986. Just a wacky bit of trivia for you!