DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Monster Hunting... Lego Style!

Back in May I posted about the new Dinosaur sets that were being released by LEGO.  The awesomeness continues as now they have released... Monster Fighters!


And as luck would have it (shocking I know...) we have picked up a couple of these sets and man are they cool!

First up is "The Mummy".

 

This set features the Mummy and his chariot pulled by a skeleton horse with the Monster Fighter Ann Lee in hot pursuit with her mini helicopter.  This is one of the smaller sets but it's still really good.  The minifigs are full of character and the vehicles are look pretty sweet as well.  I never bought any of the Pharoah's Quest sets but after seeing how well they did with the mummy's chariot I have to say I'm tempted to grab some.

Next is "The Vampyre Hearse".


This set comes with the Vampyre and his zombie chauffeur being pursued by Dr. Rodney Rathbone on his motorcycle.  I think this set rocks.  Not only does the hearse look really cool, there's also the motorcycle and again these minifigs are great!  I mean come on, the good Doctor is wearing a bowler hat, has a steam powered leg, and is packing both a pistol and a rapier!  What's not to love?  This is a very fun set and I'm really glad we picked it up.

Of course this isn't all that they have in the line so I really recommend checking these out.  Not only are they fun to build but imagine running a miniature game like Fear And Faith with these sets.  Now that would really be awesome!

That's all the Lego goodness for now but I know for a fact that more is on the way, not to mention I really want to do a Fear and Faith game with these guys now.  Hmmm...  Need to get some trees...  Until next time...

2 comments:

MIK said...

These are great sets, perfect for Victorian horror (which is so hot right now)! Running Fear and Faith with these sounds great.

Sin City Snowman said...

I'm really excited to give it a try, just need to get some terrain before I do. Nothing quite as boring as playing on an open field, right? My wife and I also decided to surprise the Munchkin with the Vampyre Castle set for Halloween (yeah, we love Halloween that much...) and I can't wait to see her reaction! Well, and I can't wait to play with it myself but that's just a give, right?