DriveThruRPG.com

Monday, October 26, 2020

5E Dungeons and Dragons: Ki-ki-ki... ma-ma-ma...

I had planned on doing some more work on my Dustgrave terrain this weekend, but the yard took a bit longer to tidy up than I expected.  Up here in the northeast, its been quite a bit of rain so not ideal weather to mulch the leaves on the yard.  Thankfully yesterday was sunny and dry, so 10k steps later my feet were killing me but the yard is done!  Huzzah!

But this wasn't all that happened this weekend, not by a long shot.

We also killed Jason.

This weekend marked the restart of our long put on hold 5e Out of the Abyss campaign.  Ironically, we will be putting it on pause in a couple of sessions as I hope into the driver's seat for Ghosts of Saltmarsh  but it was still great to get back to these characters again.  But what about this Jason character?  Well, it is October after all, so we had to have a Halloween themed encounter.

That's right, I'm talked about that Jason.

I must admit that I felt pretty confident at the start of the encounter because I'm playing a tanky bard (who knew there was such a thing?).  That ended really quickly when I realized how much damage I'd taken in the last session 6+ months ago... and Jason threw me up into a stalactite, taking me completely out of the action.

By the end of the encounter, two of us had gone out of action but thankfully neither of us actually died.  A great session and I can't wait to see what happens with the next one.  We will finally have an audience with the Deep King of Gracklstugh to see if he is as mad as the rest of the Duergar.

Gracklstugh... Definitely not you typical getaway location.

No worries though, there will be more painting/building this week.  I've already got a couple of buildings in progress, I just need to clean a spot on the desk to get a couple of good shots of it.  Until next time...

No comments: