DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Frostgrave: An Avalance of Trollkin!

Well, this week has been ridiculously productive and I've finished not one mini, or even two, but five minis for my Frostgrave warband!  First up, there is my man-at-arms.


This mini is from the Kriel Warriors set, just your basic badass warrior with a big old sword and shield.  I might pull in a couple more of these troops in the future, but for now my starting budget has put that on hold.

Thankfully the next three little runts are free, which is good since I don't know how long they will survive.  After all, you can't have a warband without some thieves!

These figures are from the Trollkin whelps pack.  Small and completely unarmored, they seem like the perfect mini to represent thieves as they run around and (hopefully) manage to grab the treasure first.

And last but not least is my only ranged trooper so far.  Why?  Because marksmen are stupidly expensive when you are first starting out!


This figure is from the Trollblood scatter gun unit.  I'd originally planned on using these minis as crossbowmen to represent the slow reload with their blunderbuss but then I realized just how much plate armor he is wearing. I could just hand wave it but I'd rather go closer to WYSIWYG than cause any confusion.  This also meant that I could only field one of them to start with because they are a good chunk of your starting gold as well!

"Everyone smile for the family picture!"

All that is left now is my wizard and his apprentice, then my warband will be ready to go!  I want to give these two a bit more attention since they are the leaders of this group, but I'm still hoping to be able to knock them out pretty soon.  Until next time...

No comments: