DriveThruRPG.com

Friday, October 23, 2020

Workbench: I Am Kroot

While painting my Trollkin, I decided to mix things up so I threw some paint onto this "puppy" that happened to be on my desk.  It could do with some tidying up and basing, but I'm happy with how the colors worked out overall. 


Many moons ago, I had started collecting a Tau army but I sold it off as I did with most of my 40k minis.  I think the only things that didn't disappear over the years were my Orks, some genestealers, and my Kroot.  I loved the Kroot miniatures and I've been hunting for some way to incorporate them into my gaming.  Currently I have them on the desk to be painted/re-painted as a mercenary force for Antares (maybe proxies for Askar? At least until I get the real thing anyway...) but this hound just spoke to me for some reason.  A quick slap of some paint followed by a wash and now I have a critter that could fit nicely into a desert setting.

As for which setting exactly, that still has to be determined.  I have a couple of desert ideas bouncing through my head right now, the first being the Dustgrave game that my daughter and I were going to play.  Unfortunately things disrupted those plans but now that my Trollkin are done, I want to circle back to building the terrain for that game.  I also need to throw together a warband for that but I've already got ideas for who should face off against her desert wolfen.  Until next time...

No comments: